tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Сальников Алексей Александрович <asalni...@bia.ru>
Subject Сan I change a behaviour of the JDBCRealm?
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 14:23:36 GMT
Hello
Standard behavior JDBCRealm:
1. When the user tries to receive the protected resource
   a system request his name and password.
2. A system perform the predefined database connection and
   carries out search a login name in a predefined table
   (connect scott/tiger; select username, password from validusers where
username = ?)
3. and so on

As I want:
1. When the user tries to receive the protected resource
   a system request his name and password.
2. A system perform the database connection with submitted username/password
   (connect :username/:password)
3. Store the obtained database connection in session object for future use.

How I can inherit a class org.apache.tomcat.request.JDBCRealm to do it?

Alexey Salnikov
ICQ: 14293059