tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: How do you compile ?
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:01:07 GMT
> I basically want to know if a servlet is using a function in
> another package how do you compile that servlet? What tags do
> I include or how do I reference the package when I compile.

And what I've said, and what I'll repeat, is that you should learn Java
*first*. If you knew Java, you'd know the answer to this question. This
is
not the best place to discuss general Java matters.

You can't expect to write even half-decent servlets without learning the
language first. Fumbling about, trying to guess the syntax from other
servlets, is going to take you *far* longer than reading a good tutorial
on Java.

Jon