tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "CPC Livelink Admin" <cpclv...@fitzpatrick.cc>
Subject RE: Tomcat under UNIX Newbie Question
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:52:39 GMT

Actually, it should be the same as the contents of the ZIP file.  The
binaries are the same everywhere since java is 'portable.'

Alos, there are both source and binary distributions, but neither is
platform specific.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Morse [mailto:sturu@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 11:19 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat under UNIX Newbie Question

Hi All,

I've used Tomcat on Win32 a little, and I'm about to enter the world
of Unix. I noticed that there is one .tar file for Unix, but I may
be using Solaris, UnixWare 7 or FreeBSD for Intel, or AIX for Risc
System 6000. Does the .tar file contain the Tomcat source only? If
so, is the source completely portable across these systems.

Regards,

Stuart
_________