tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Morgenstein" <jmorgenst...@recommend-it.com>
Subject RE: multiple JVMs: how to manage tomcat-apache.conf?
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:16:10 GMT
George-

Instead of using the auto-generated tomcat-apache.conf, you could take a
copy of the tomcat-apache.conf for each of your configurations and rename it
to something else, e.g., tomcat-apache.conf.prod and tomcat-apache.conf.dev.

You could then include your renamed apache configuration files in the
httpd.conf.

James

-----Original Message-----
From: armhold@cs.rutgers.edu [mailto:armhold@cs.rutgers.edu]On Behalf Of
George Armhold
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 1:03 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: multiple JVMs: how to manage tomcat-apache.conf?

With Tomcat 3.1:

I'm trying to run multiple JVM's on the same machine (production and dev
setup.)  I've successfully modified my tomcat.conf to support the two
ApJ mountpoints, created a server-prod.xml and a server-dev.xml.  The
trouble is that when the second Tomcat process starts up it overwrites
the conf/tomcat-apache.conf file.  Thus apache only sees the container
aliases for the most recently started Tomcat JVM.  Is there any way to
specify to tomcat where to write its tomcat-apache.conf output?

Thanks & Happy Holidays to everyone.

--
George Armhold
Rutgers University