tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <Michael.Went...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Q: PDF mime type not working
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 23:09:09 GMT
> Are you using Internet Explorer to view the page? In our
> experience, the
> newer versions (I'm not sure if it's all the 5.x series or
> only 5.5) no
> longer are willing to honor the complete MIME protocol -- although
> amazingly enough, they do recognize MS Word and Excel files.

Thanks, actually it was just a stupid mistake by me.  I setContentType
before I got the OutputStream instead of after and so it actually
though it was just a raw OutputStream.  We are using IE ver 5.0 and
it still seems to support the mime protocol(What a MS-ish thing to do...).

That's a good thing to know about the higher versions of IE though.
Thanks again.

---
Michael Wentzel		4939 Lower Roswell Road
Software Developer	Suite 201B
Software As We Think	Marietta, GA  30068