tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <Michael.Went...@aswethink.com>
Subject Q: PDF mime type not working
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 19:59:16 GMT
I have written a Servlet that generates a pdf on the fly
and outputs the result to the browser but all that ends
up happening is the raw text get displayed instead of
starting the adobe helper app and loading the generated
doc.

I have added the following to web.xml for my webapp:
    <mime-mapping> <!-- PDF mime -->
        <extension>
            pdf
        </extension>
        <mime-type>
            application/pdf
        </mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

I also set the Response content type to application/pdf
before anything gets written to the OutputStream.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?  Thanks.

---
Michael Wentzel		4939 Lower Roswell Road
Software Developer		Suite 201B
Software As We Think		Marietta, GA  30068