tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <DANNY...@gurubase.com>
Subject in urgent need for help: authenication
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 02:55:50 GMT
Hi all experienced tomcat users

it is highly appreciated if someone can give a helping hand to me for my problem

l have setup the tomcat and it is run standalone without apache.
As l tried out one of it sample about how to do authenication.

http://localhost/examples/jsp/security/protected/index.jsp

As expected, l was prompted for logon information. After l entered
tomcat/tomcat (the identity should be authorized), l saw error "404".

As l tried again with following URL
http://localhost/examples/jsp/security/protected/

Same as last time, l was prompted for logon information and l entered
tomcat/tomcat. However, this time, l was directed to http://isweb:8089/examples/

It is very grateful that someone can offer me a solution and send it to
danny.so@gurubase.com / cwso7@netscape.net

regards
Danny