tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pat Berry <pbe...@freestyleinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Can't find apxs command
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 15:57:36 GMT
Yes, you need to install apache-devel to get apxs.  It will live in
/usr/sbin.

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/redhat/7.0/i386/apache-devel-1.3.12-25.i386.htm

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: James Devenish [mailto:j-devenish@users.sourceforge.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 3:51 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can't find apxs command

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 10:40:21AM -0800, Matt Becker wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to compile mod_jk on a Red Hat 7.0 system with the
> latest Apache rpm, Tomcat 3.2, etc. but can't find the "apxs" command
> anywhere. I'm beginning to wonder if the problems I've had trying to
> get Tomcat and Apache working together come from that the Apache I'm
> using is preinstalled by Red Hat and maybe I should instead install
> the Linux without a web server and manually install Apache?

Well, if you obtain an Apache distro from apache.org, it will contain
the apxs script (the source distribution does, at least, so I assume the
binary one does too).

I notice that apxs is not included in the Debian apache package, however
it does exist in the Debian apache-dev package. Perhaps there's a
similar situation with RH7? Look for alternative apache packages.

HTH