tomcat-users mailing list archives

From greyson.sm...@convergys.com
Subject Question about Buffering
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 18:19:03 GMT

I have a simple jsp that turns off buffering, and writes to the output stream,
then loops for 30 seconds and writes again to the output stream (source at the
bottom).

My expectation was that, since there was no buffering that as I wrote to the
stream, the result would print to the browser as the script ran, then 30 seconds
later the rest of the text would print.  Obviously this is a misconception, the
jsp executes and when it is complete it sends everything.

My question about the buffer is this, what if the buffer is filled, but the
script is still processing?  Is a second buffer filled or 3rd, etc. until the
processing is completed and then all buffers get combined and sent in the
stream?  Thanks, and apolgoies if the question is overly-simplistic.

Thanks.

<%@page import="java.util.*" %>
<%@ page buffer="none" %>
<%
out.println("weoiruwieruwieru");
long lDelay = 1000*30;
try
                    {Thread.sleep(lDelay);
                    }
                    catch(InterruptedException e)
                    {
                    }
out.println("<br>weoiruwieruwieru");
out.close();
%>

--
NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or entity