tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nacho <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: JDBC Realm documentation
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:46:22 GMT

> Hi again,
>
> it's actually pretty bad that there are no docs at all.
>
> I think my main problem are the entries in the web.xml file, which are
> unfortunately not described in the howto file (I do know that this is
> described in the servlet-api-specification, but this is not
> very clear to
> me).

This is unrelated to JDBCRealm itself, and the only and best doc is the
spec itself, or you can buy some books on that, or try to review
examples context web.xml for a good example of almost everything web.xml
can have, or you can post here your questions and people will help you.

> It would be very nice if someone can post the basically
> needed entries in
> the web.xml file for a JDBCRealm.

Nothing so far not need for a regular application that uses Container
managed security, JDBRealm only plays a role of providing the
credentials for users, the very same that SimpleRealm &
conf/tomcat-users.xml do for examples context, there is nothing that
need to know about JDBCRealm to write a correct web.xml for your webapp.

> Thanks in advance
> Oliver Kurt

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega