tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yin Tse <y...@valicert.com>
Subject Servlet init parameters
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:32:19 GMT
Hi all,
I'm having some problems reading my init parameters.
I define the init parameters in the web.xml file like this :

   <servlet>
        <servlet-name>login</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>LoginServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>

	    <param-name>login</param-name>
            <param-value>joe</param-value>

	    <param-name> password</param-name>
            <param-value>pass</param-value>

    		<param-name>driverName</param-name>
            <param-value>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</param-value>

	    <param-name> connectionUrl</param-name>
            <param-value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@xena:1521:wbdb</param-value>

	    <param-name>url</param-name>
            <param-value>www.whatever.com</param-value>

	    <param-name>Base_url</param-name>
            <param-value>http://intranet/whateber/</param-value>

	    <param-name>Images_url</param-name>
            <param-value>http://intranet/whatever/images</param-value>

	    <param-name>Servlet_url</param-name>
            <param-value>/servlet/</param-value>

	</init-param>
    </servlet>

These are defined in the LoginServlet, but the parameters are read in a
parent servlet called DBConnectionServlet,
but all the params are coming null except the last one which is servlet_url
here. Thanks for the feedback.