tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kief Morris <k...@bitbull.com>
Subject Re: Status of overall Tomcat performance
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2000 15:58:45 GMT
Charles Forsythe typed the following on 09:34 AM 12/27/2000 -0600
>I've read several places (see link below) that "Tomcat is the slowest
>Servlet Engine you can run."  Is this still true?  What are the
>prospects for Tomcat 4.0 improving speed?

Check out 3.3, which (as I understand it) is more heavily focused on
performance. I'd be suprised if 4.0 comes out super-fast since it's a
new architecture - hopefully it'll be tightened up over a few point releases.

Kief
---
Kief Morris
Director of Technology