tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Bartram <jbart...@quadrivium-labs.com>
Subject Bug in Windows Tomcat 3.2 Build.bat
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2000 01:02:55 GMT
Re: jakarta-tomcat-3.2\doc\appdev\sample\build.bat

I upgraded to Tomcat 3.2 and found that build.bat would still not work on
Windows NT. A little investigation revealed that the distribution copy of
build.bat has a fatal flaw:

(Part of build.bat:)
<snip>
rem Identify the custom class path components we need
set CP=%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\ant.jar;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\servlet.jar
set CP=%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\jaxp.jar;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\parser.jar
set CP=%CP%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
<snip>

The third line of this example should be:

set CP=%CP%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\jaxp.jar;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\parser.jar

otherwise the classpath is incorrect (missing ant.jar and servlet.jar).
When my fix is made the build is successful.

--Jim Bartram