tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Bartram <jbart...@quadrivium-labs.com>
Subject Problem building sample (Tomcat 3.1, WinNT 4.0)
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 22:58:30 GMT
I've made a copy of jakarta-tomcat\doc\appdev\sample and have attempted to
build it. I made no changes to build.bat or build.xml. Can anyone explain
why I get this error?:

<<
Buildfile: build.xml
BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Can't open config file: build.xml due to:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute names must not start with "<"
characters.
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Can't open config file: build.xml due
to: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute names must not start with "<"
characters.
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:93)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java, Compiled Code)

Thanks,

--Jim Bartram