tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "NSB)Hiroshi Kasamatsu" <hk...@fancy.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject Re: 403 forbidden in tomcat-apache
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:11:20 GMT
Parvez,
I start apache and tomcat as root,and include jara's path and tomcat's classpath ,you know,
into .bash_profile.
By the way,my mod_jk.so does not work.I use apache_1.3.12 and tomcat3.2beta8.
How do you configure Apache for DSO?
.configure --enable-module=so?
I had an error with ./apachectl  configtest:

API module structure 'jk_module' in file
/usr/local/apache_1.3.12/libexec/mod_jk.so is garbled-
perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?

Thanks in advance
Hiroshi Kasamatsu

Parvez wrote:

> thanks,
>
> i got the mod_jk.so working now on my machine.
> but somehow i cannot get it working on the other machine.
> on my machine i have ...
> 1. apache user parvez:parvez
> 2. permisions to htdocs -> parvez:parvez
> 3. permissions to jsp/servlets -> parvez:parvez
> and it works....
>
> but on the other machine
> 1. apache user nobody:nobody
> 2. permisions to htdocs -> admin:admin
> 3. permissions to jsp/servlets -> admin:admin
> and apache gives and error ..."403 Forbidden"
>
> where am i going wrong...
> also do i have to start tomcat as root.
>
> parvez
>
> And Then  NSB)Hiroshi Kasamatsu wrote .............
>
> > There seems to be no mod_jk.so for Tomcat3.2.1.
> > If you do'nt mind,better to use Tomcat3.2 beta version.
> >
> > You cannot access directly.
> >
> > You try like this.
> > 1.access to http://jakarta.apache.org/
> > 2.click Binaries on Download area
> > 3.click Tomcat3.x on Nightly Builds
> > 4.click Parent Directory
> > 5.click arcihves/
> > 6.click link you want
> > 7.click bin/
> > 8.click linux for linux or win32 for windows
> > 9.click i386
> > 10.click mod_jk.so
> >

> > Parvez wrote:
> >
> > > i cannot find /src/native/apache to compile mod_jk.so
> > > i have looked into tomcat 3.2.1 distribution, everywhere.
> > > where can i find it.
> > > parvez
> > >
> > > And Then  NSB)Hiroshi Kasamatsu wrote .............

Tomcat is