tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Neil Aggarwal <>
Subject Confused about authentication
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2000 19:32:18 GMT

I am confused about how I can get users to authenticate
themselves before accessing a servlet in my web application.

I tried to look at th archive of this list, but the search
function is broken.

Therefore, I have been reading the servlet 2.3 specification and
added the following lines to my application's web.xml file:

But, when I visit /videosearch/servlet/AdminServlet, I get
the result from the servlet without it asking for a login.

Also, I dont understand how I can set-up the password.

Any guidance would really help.

Neil Aggarwal
JAMM Consulting, Inc. -- (972) 612-6056,
Custom Internet Development -- Java, JSP, servlets, databases

View raw message