tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "NSB)Hiroshi Kasamatsu" <>
Subject Re: 403 forbidden in tomcat-apache
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2000 11:00:02 GMT
For tomcat 3.2 or up, is needed.You should download, copy it into your
apache directory/libexec and include "your apache directory/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto"
into the last line of httpd.conf.The latter is automatically created when Tomcat is
exclusively initiated on port 8080.
To check,http://localhost/examples is pointed to browser.In Tomcat and apache,port
8080 is't used.

Parvez wrote:

> hi,
> i have installed tomcat 3.2.1, with apache 1.3.12 on a linux machine.
> it works perfectly fine on port 8080, but when i include it with
> apache conf (i.e. tomcat-apache.conf) and try to access the same jsp/servlet
> file, it gives 403 forbidden error.
> my http user in apache is "nobody:nobody" and my htdocs is conrolled by "admin".
> can someone tell me, where the problem is?
> thanks in advance.
> parvez

View raw message