tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Brogden <wbrog...@bga.com>
Subject Re: Jsp Class not found
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2000 16:48:05 GMT

Mallik Kandula wrote:

> Hi there.
>       Can anybody help me why the jsp compiler is not finding my bean
> class in the useBean tag of jsp ? tomcat version 3.1, linux rh 6.2.
> there is no problem with the system classpath . I also have tools.jar in
> the classpath and have also expanded tools.jar in ${TOMCAT_HOME}/classes
> dir.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Mallik

This is just a guess since you don't show the tag. Your useBean
tag must give the complete package for the Bean, even if you import
that package. This has to do with the way the Bean is instantiated by
the JSP code. Your Bean must be in a package of course.

--
WBB - wbrogden@lanw.com
Java Cert mock exams http://www.lanw.com/java/javacert/