tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Brogden <wbrog...@bga.com>
Subject Re: very basic web server hosting question
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:25:03 GMT

Horia Bochis wrote:

> Thanx, I've got it now, I understood the concept.
>
> Well I have to use CGI cause it is a local application and can not keep
> the memory busy (as I know servlets usew to live there) and I also need a
> part that needs to move fast. I have to combine them.
>
> What I need is to make a mixture using CGI and Servlets and what I would
> like is to see those working on a windows.
>
> Thanx again.
>
> Horia Bochis

You may be able to run your CGI process by exec() from your servlet.
The tricky part may be setting up the environment variables that your
CGI process expects.
<plug>I have a simple example of executing a Perl
script from a servlet in the "Connecting To Legacy Programs"
chapter of my book.</plug>

--
WBB - wbrogden@lanw.com
Java Cert mock exams http://www.lanw.com/java/javacert/