tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mohammed Nasr Shalaby <>
Subject Re: Feedback on "Tomcat IIS HowTo": need Windows to restart to take conf files into account.
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:02:53 GMT
You had to restart only the TomCat instance, not the machine.........Try it and tell me if
you found this wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

"Berche, Guillaume" wrote:

> Hi,
> This is just to provide feedback on the "Tomcat IIS HowTo" document. First it's of great
quality and was very useful. Thanks! You might only add in the troubleshooting the following
fact that I experienced:
> the jakarta iaspi_redirect.dll module would not take modifications made to its configuration
files (e.g., unless the machine was restarted:
the stop/start of IIS was not sufficient, and the log file (e.g. logs\isapi.log) would not
be unlocked (i.e. impossible to move or rename it) after IIS stop but only after machine restart.
I experienced this on NT server SP6.
> I hope this can help,
> Sincerely,
> Guillaume.