tomcat-users mailing list archives

From craig mcclanahan <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat milestone 5
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 00:49:40 GMT
> Max Bardetti wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Has anybody successfully installed 4.0 M5 with the apache 1.3
> connector working ?
> I tried for few hours but I could not make it work, I followed the
> limited instructions in the release notes with no success.
> I recompiled the apache module included and configured server.xml, is
> tomcat.conf still needed ? What about httpd.conf do I need to point it
> to tomcat.conf ?
>
> Thanks
> Max

What kind of error messages do you get?

The only commands needed in httpd.conf are those briefly described in
the server.xml file -- something like this:

	LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
	WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008   <-- Wherever TC4
is listening
	WebAppMount examples warpConnection /examples/        <-- Repeat per
webapp

All the other detailed stuff that used to be configured in
tomcat-apache.conf is no longer needed -- the connector configures
itself from the web.xml settings of each app.

Craig McClanahan