tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: XSP with Cocoon/1.8.1-dev and Tomcat/4.0-m5
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2000 22:49:26 GMT
Christian Parpart wrote:

> (oops previus posting was to fast)
> Hi all
>
> I am currently using Cocoon/1.8.1-dev with Tomcat/4.0-m5
> in standalone mode. This works fine except my xsp sites.
>
> I just included the following to the tomcat configuration files:
>
> [conf/web.xml]
> ----------------------------
>   <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
>     <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>properties</param-name>
>       <param-value>WEB-INF/cocoon.properties</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>   </servlet>
>   <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
>   </servlet-mapping>
>   <welcome-file-list>
>     <welcome-file>index.xml</welcome-file>
>   </welcome-file-list>
> ----------------------------
>
> This works fine unless I am not using the xsp:tag or any other
> javac-needed tags.
>
> The dump output sais, that he can't find any classes (all .jar files)
> including:
>   cocoon.jar, servlet.jar, a.s.o.

In a standard configuration, "servlet.jar" will be found on the class path of
all web applications, because it is placed there by the Tomcat 4.0 startup
scripts.  For JAR files that are specific to a particular web application, the
standard approach is to place those JAR files in the WEB-INF/lib directory of
your webapp.  All such JAR files are automatically made visible to other classes
in that app.

You can also place un-JAR'd classes into the WEB-INF/classes directory (in a
directory structure that matches their Java package names).

> What do I have to configure to fix that?
>
> Regards,
> Christian Parpart <mailto:cparpart@surakware.com>
> SurakWare
> http://www.surakware.com