tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Filters in Tomcat 4 m4
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:46:29 GMT
Dan Malks wrote:

> Craig,
>
> It looks like things work if I explicitly define CATALINA_HOME, but not otherwise.
>
> I had been letting the script set it for me...
> My understanding was that explicitly setting CATALINA_HOME was optional.
> Is this accurate?
> Thanks,
> Dan

It is optional if you start from the right directory.  CATALINA_HOME will be set
correctly if your current working directory is one of:

* The install directory itself (i.e. CATALINA_HOME will be set to ".")

* The "bin" directory underneath it (i.e. CATALINA_HOME will be set to "..").

Otherwise, you have to set it yourself.

Craig