tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Tet <>
Subject Error Pages w/o a web-app?
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:46:24 GMT
I can put this in the web.xml file till I am blue in the
face and it will not read error.jsp when there is a
not found error, or any error for that matter.

     <error-code> "your error code here" </error-code>
     <location> "error1.jsp"</location>

I would like to get an error page, kind of like
ErrorDocument in Apache, for each virual host I have
declared in my server.xml.

I have Apache 1.3.12 forwarding all JPS's to
Tomcat. Tomcat's server.xml' virual hosts looks like this

        <Host name="" >
            <Context path="" docBase="/web/server1/webapps" /></Host>

        <Host name="" >
            <Context path="" docBase="/web/server2/webapps" /></Host>

and I am using mod_jk not mod_jserv.

My server1/webapps/WEB-INF/web.xml is an empty file.

Any thoughts/ideas would be helpfull...

Daniel Tet
UNIX System Administrator
NOVO | Relationship Architects for e-Business

Voice 415.875.7158 | Fax 415.875.7093

View raw message