tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Tet <d...@novocorp.com>
Subject Error Pages w/o a web-app?
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:46:24 GMT
I can put this in the web.xml file till I am blue in the
face and it will not read error.jsp when there is a
not found error, or any error for that matter.

<web-app>
   <error-page>
     <error-code> "your error code here" </error-code>
     <location> "error1.jsp"</location>
   </error-page>
 </web-app>

I would like to get an error page, kind of like
ErrorDocument in Apache, for each virual host I have
declared in my server.xml.

I have Apache 1.3.12 forwarding all JPS's to
Tomcat. Tomcat's server.xml' virual hosts looks like this

        <Host name="server1.company.com" >
            <Context path="" docBase="/web/server1/webapps" /></Host>

        <Host name="server2.company.com" >
            <Context path="" docBase="/web/server2/webapps" /></Host>

and I am using mod_jk not mod_jserv.

My server1/webapps/WEB-INF/web.xml is an empty file.

Any thoughts/ideas would be helpfull...
DT.

--
Daniel Tet