tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tomcat 4.0 Milestone 5
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:33:19 GMT
The latest milestone release of Tomcat 4.0, milestone 5, has just been made
available at:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0-m5/

This release includes two major new areas of functionality (the initial release
of a web connector for Apache, and a JNDI naming context for use when running
outside a J2EE application server), performance improvements, and many bug
fixes.  See the Release Notes document in the top-level directory for details.

With this release, we also announce a feature freeze for Tomcat 4.0, and will
start a cycle of beta releases immediately, culminating with a Tomcat 4.0 final
release as soon as we're satisfied with its quality and performance.

Craig McClanahan