tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Filters in Tomcat 4 m4
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 20:48:25 GMT
Dan Malks wrote:

> All,
> I've looked around but can't find any discussion about the filter
> examples in the current release of Tomcat 4 m4.
>
> I'd like to test some filters, but when trying to use one, get the
> following in the name_examples_log_2000_12_13.txt:

Are you just uncommenting the <filter-mapping> entry in the
"$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/web.xml" file?  When I do this, it
works fine.

The only reason this wouldn't work is if the filter class
(filters.RequestDumperFilter) was not
visible to the web app's class loader -- in a standard release, this class is
located at:

$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/filters/RequestDumperFilter.class

If you want to use this filter in a different webapp, you will of course have to
move this class
into the WEB-INF directory of the web application you want to use it in.

Note that a standard distribution or build of Tomcat 4.0 installs two other
filters on the examples
web application.  Both of them log output to the same log file you are
checking.  Are they running
correctly?

> Dan Malks                                 Sun Java Center
> Enterprise Java Architect            703.208.5794

Craig McClanahan