tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: How do I determine the Relese Ver No
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:32:15 GMT
Shahed Ali wrote:

>  Hi, I downloaded Tomcat 3.2 Final release a few days ago. How do I know if
> its b1 or b2 or what ? ThanksShahed

On the "welcome" page you get when you first start Tomcat, you'll see in the
title something like "Tomcat 3.2" -- which means you have the final version.
One of the betas would have identified itself as "Tomcat 3.2-b8" or something
like that.

You can also detect this inside an application by calling
ServletContext.getServerInfo() -- the Tomcat version information will be
included in the string that is returned.

Craig McClanahan