tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wojciech Wasowicz <wwasow...@softgroup.net.pl>
Subject Re: How to configure Tomcat-Apache connection
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:09:14 GMT
Mike La Budde wrote:

> Please read the mod_jk-howto.html file in your tomcat/doc directory.
>
> NOTES:
> 1) You should be using Tomcat 3.2 (or, perhaps 4.0)

I use 3.2

> 2) You should use mod_jk (and not the older mod_jserv)

I use it - I compiletd it from sources and

> 3) Make sure you included the autogenerated mod_jk.conf-auto file into
> Apache's httpd.conf file.

I've included it (exactly that file)

> 4) Are you really using port 8080 on your Apache server??

Yes - because we have many instances of Apache, and this one I've set to port
8080.

> good luck, post again if you're unable to get it working (and be more
> specific about your environment, OS vendor/version, tomcat version, jdk
> vendor/version, etc) ....

RedHat Linux
jdk 1.2.2

If you will look at links I.ve included - it runs:

http://testlinux.softgroup.net.pl:8085/examples/
- here is directory content with apache footing

I just can't accomplish jsp programs through apache.

> Mike
>
> At 12/13/2000 07:10 PM +0100, you wrote:
> >I have configured apache and tomcat so they communicate:
> >apache - http://testlinux.softgroup.net.pl:8080/examples/jsp
> >     - apache communicating with tomcat
> >tomcat - http://testlinux.softgroup.net.pl:8085/examples/jsp/index.html
> >     - tomcat own port
> >- both are working - but if you will try to run any .jsp example through
> >
> >apache
> >it won't run - tomcat runs .jsp ok
> >
> >Do someone know what to do so that apache support jsp?
> >
> >TIA
> >Wojtek

Wojtek