tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matt Goss <mg...@rtci.com>
Subject Re: Servlet Mappings and what am I doing wrong.
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:19:32 GMT
Andrew,
What you are doing won't work correctly on Tomcat. Apparently the * isn't
a valid wildcard according to the servlet specification. instead, map
your servlet to a specific filename like dosomething.do and then add
information to the end of the URL to tell the servlet what page to
forward to for display. That works great for me. (By the way, the *.do
mappings do work in JRUN3.0)
Matt