tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Kuba <martin.k...@twelvehorses.com>
Subject Re: FW: java platform
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:40:04 GMT
John de la Garza wrote:

> Does anyone here have experience running java under Solaris on a sparc and
> Linux on a x86?  I am looking to set up a server to run servlets and was
> wondering which os runs java better.  I would assume running Solaris on a
> sparc would be the best, but I just wanted some feedback.

To my experience IBM JDK runs faster than SUN JDK on Linux
and there is no IBM JDK for Solaris. See
http://www.volano.com/report.html
for detailed comparison.

Also I have the feeling that my simple PC with Pentium III 500
runs a java application server faster than SUN E250, both
with SUN JDK, but I did not any detailed tests to prove it.

Martin