tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pierre Delisle <pierre.deli...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0 milestone 4 and jsp:expression tag
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 06:24:59 GMT
In XML syntax, a request-time attribute is specified via the following
syntax:

   %= ... %

Here are some snippets of interest from the JSP1.2 PFD spec:

5.1.8 Request-Time Attributes
An action element that can accept a request time attribute (Section
2.13.1) can accept an
argument for that attribute of the form “%= text %” (white space around
text is not needed,
and note the missing ‘<‘ and ‘>’). The text, after any applicable
quoting as in any other
XML document, is an expression to be evaluated as in Section 2.13.1.

5.2.8 Request-Time Attribute Expressions
Request-time attribute expressions are of the form “<%= expression %>”.
Although this
syntax is consistent with the syntax used elsewhere in a JSP page, it is
not a legal XML
syntax. The XML mapping for these expressions is into values of the form
“%= expression’
%”, where the JSP specification quoting convention has been converted to
the XML quoting
convention.

    -- Pierre