tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Version 3.1 works and 3.2 doesn't
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:09:26 GMT
Christian Sell wrote:

> This may or may not concern your problem: One change that I have noticed and
> that had me wondering for an hour or two was the fact that 3.2 treats paths
> and filenames case-sensitive under Windows OSs. With me, a taglib wasn't found
> because my META-INF directory was in fact named "Meta-inf". Bummer.

It's also good practice to get you set up for future versions.  The servlet 2.3
spec requires all matches inside the web application's document root to be done
case sensitively, even on non-case-sensitive platforms like Windows.

In the 3.2 case, this one change closed a very large number of security
vulnerabilities as well.

Craig McClanahan