tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Brogden <wbrog...@bga.com>
Subject Re: tomcat and internet explorer
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2000 20:15:23 GMT

> PerseP wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have just setup tomcat 3.2 on windows 98 and i've just discovered
> that when running tomcat without apache on I can see the index page of
> tomcat in Netscape (port 8080) but I can't see anything with Internet
> Explorer, I just get "Can't display page".
>
> Does tomcat need any special setting to make it run with Internet
> Explorer?.
>
> Thank you.

IE has an annoying setting in the Internet Options dialog,
advanced tab, under browsing. Make sure that the option
"show friendly HTTP error messages" is NOT checked. That
way you might see something useful instead of "can't display page"

--
WBB - wbrogden@lanw.com
Java Cert mock exams http://www.lanw.com/java/javacert/