tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Diffs between 3.1 and 3.2
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 20:00:30 GMT
Patrik Beno wrote:

> Hi people!
>
> I have application which behaves differently in tomcat 3.1 and 3.2.
>
> 3.1: loads ok, first page is displayd correctly
> 3.2: Browser complains document contained no data; tomcat or my code
>      (don't know which of 'em) runs much longer - seems like looping
>      somewhere

One change that affects the first request to an app (more precisely, the first
request that creates a session) is the way session ids are calculated.  Tomcat
3.2 now uses the java.security.SecureRandom class for this, which (on some
platforms) can take many seconds to initialize itself the very first time it is
called.

Craig McClanahan