tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Form Authentication through Apache
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 17:24:47 GMT
Yasunari Sato wrote:

> It seems to work well that user authenticate
> by form based authentication in stand alone tomcat service.
> But when I integrate apache and tomcat, authentication doesn't work.
> I ckecked that Servlets which does not require
> authentication works well.
>
> Is there a special configuration to enable
> form based authentication on apache-tomcat
> integrated environment?

The Apache connector does not know anything about what is in your web.xml file,
so it doesn't know about your security constraints that ask for authentication.
You will have to use standard Apache facilities to configure valid users.

In Tomcat 4.0, this will not be the case -- the web connector will be configured
from the contents of the web.xml file.

> My test environment:
> WinNT, apache1.3, tomcat3.2b6
>
> Thanks,