tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Pell <Jason.P...@dssonline.com.au>
Subject Virtual Hosting - Port based with Tomcat 3.2
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 05:36:02 GMT
What I want is any requests to
http://mars.its.deakin.edu.au:8000/servlet/testform
to be handled by the webapps/connect/WEB-INF/classes/testform servlet.

This is so I can define some aliases that are applicable only to the
8000 port.

I cannot get it to work as expected, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Jason

--------------- This is my server.xml fragment to define a host, do I
need to specify a port as well?
<Host name="mars.its.deakin.edu.au">
    <Context path=""
        docBase="webapps/connect"
        crossContext="false"
        debug="7"
        reloadable="true">
</Context>
</Host>

---------------- This is a fragment from mod_jk.conf that I have tried
to use.
Listen 8000
<VirtualHost mars.its.deakin.edu.au:8000>
 DocumentRoot /opt/tomcat/webapps/connect

 <Directory "/opt/tomcat/webapps/connect">
      Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
 </Directory>
 Alias /admin /opt/tomcat/webapps/connect/admin

JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

<Location /WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
     deny from all
 </Location>
</VirtualHost>

Jason Pell
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Deakin Software Services Pty Ltd
12 Gheringhap St, Geelong Victoria 3220 Australia
Phone: 03 5227 8858 International: +61 3 5227 8858
Fax: 03 5227 8907 International: +61 3 5227 8907
E-mail Jason.Pell@dssonline.com.au
http://www.dssonline.com.au
Customer Support Hotline: 1800 620 497

"Callista - the brightest solution in university management"

Important Notice: The contents of this email transmission,
including attachments, may be privileged and confidential.
Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please advise
the sender by return email or telephone immediately and
destroy all versions.