tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cyril Bouteille <>
Subject How to use i18n with JSP/XSL?
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 23:45:08 GMT

I'm using Tomcat 3.2 with the Jakarta taglibs.
I've a JSP using the <xsl:apply> tag.

In the XSL stylesheet used, I tried to insert custom JSP tags to get
i18n resources but the processor parses it as an XML namespace:
Parser error: The namespace prefix "hotwire" was not declared.

It tried to wrap the tag with <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
so that the processor would not evaluate it, but the JSP tag then gets
directly printed on the HTML page without being interpreted by the
Is <xsl:apply> directly printing the result to the outputstream or
substituting it inline in the JSP?
In the first case, is there anyway to have the XML output substituted in
the JSP code and evaluated by the JSPServlet instead?
In the latter case, why is my custom tag not being evaluated?
Any other way to make XSL stylesheets use Java ResourceBundles for i18n?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
View raw message