tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: JSP page not reloading
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 19:37:53 GMT
Sandhya MS wrote:

> Hi,
> We have tried from different machines. So, it cannot be a browser fault. In
> fact, we do shift+refresh, and we clear the cache in the browser before
> refreshing it. It must be a tomcat setting that we are missing out. We have
> observed this- if we change the jsp code sitting on the server m/c, the
> change is reflected. However, if i edit the jsp code from a m/c other than
> the server, even though the file is saved, tomcat is not refreshing it. If
> anybody has a solution please get in touch.

The 'reloadable="true"' setting on a context has no effect on JSP pages -- the
originally requested page is checked every time for whether it needs to be
reloaded, independent of the reloadable setting.

The only thing I can think of is that you are referencing a page with an include
directive, like this (assume the current page is "thisjsp.jsp"):

    <%@include file="otherjsp.jsp" %>

In this case, changes to "otherjsp.jsp" will not be detected -- you have to
modify the calling page ("thisjsp.jsp") to have Tomcat notice it.

> Thanks,
> Sandhya

Craig McClanahan

PS:  Can I ask a really silly question?  I've seen people using the abbreviation
"m/c" on various mailing lists, and I'm not sure what it means.  Could someone
explain it for me?