tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: cgi-bin
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 19:37:35 GMT
Pierre Roy wrote:

> Yes, I thought one could handle cgi-bin with Tomcat. Apparently I can either
> install Apache or call my .exe files from a servlet.

You've got it right.  Note that if your .exe program expects to be called as a
CGI script, you will need to set the environment variables defined by the CGI
specification prior to invoking the program.  This means you'll be doing about
80% of a general purpose servlet to support CGI scripts in Tomcat stand-alone.

If anyone wants to write and contribute a such a servlet that supports CGI
scripts, I would be happy to include it in the standard Tomcat distribution.

> Thank you all for helpful information.
> Pierre

Craig McClanahan