tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: formbased security
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 02:40:16 GMT
"Edara, Indira" wrote:

> I am using tomcat as standalone webserver. When I send simple GET request I
> am always getting HTTP 1.0 request back. How do I get HTTP 1.1 response?
> I am using Tomcat 3.1, I placed jsptest.jsp file under /tomcat/ROOT folder
> and requesting this file using telnet.
> Thank you

(NOTE:  You will get better response if you create a new message instead of
replying to one, and you change the message subject to something relevant).

Tomcat 3.1 (and 3.2) do not support HTTP/1.1 in standalone mode, although Tomcat
4.0 does.  To get an HTTP/1.1 response from 3.1 or 3.2, you will need to run it
behind a web server like Apache that supports this.

Craig McClanahan