tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: formbased security
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 18:26:39 GMT
John de la Garza wrote:

> Can I manually stick the username/passwd into the server container? So the
> user is not asked?  for example they log into my app...then they can browser
> around with out being asked to 'login' again...

Well, that is what actually happens.  Once you log on, your identity is
recognized until you exit your browser (or the server is restarted).

> Also can I keep the user/passwd list in a database instead of the
> tomcatusers.xml file?

There are comments in the "conf/server.xml" file illustrating how you can
replace the SimpleRealm interceptor (that processes "conf/tomcat-users.xml")
with one that uses JDBC to access a database.  Examples of configuration for
several different databases are included.

Craig McClanahan