tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: Content-Type: text/vnd.wap.wml
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 18:34:08 GMT
guy wrote:

> I am running a servlet(on Tomcat 3.1beta) (that uses XT and an XSLT
> stylesheet to convert data to WML). When I try to affect the output
> header with
> response.setContentType("text,vnd.wap.xml"), my output contains:
> HTTP/1.0 200 OK

That's actually pretty easy.  If you want

then you should call

instead of

Note that, to be effective, you must call response.setContentType() *before*
your response has been commited (that is, before the first buffer is flushed).
I make sure this happens in my code by setting the content type before calling

Also, you really should update to Tomcat 3.2 -- there have been huge numbers of
bug fixes (plus better performance to boot).

> Thanks
> Guy

Craig McClanahan

View raw message