tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vik P. Solem" <vikso...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Servlet in the middle... in the middle.. in the middle
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 01:35:59 GMT
I think that you could try to implement something by taking a look at how Tomcat
is doing the web server work.  One of the advantages of open source ...

The other solutions that we've used for this require the use of multiple
servers.
1) Web server(authenticate via basic authentication) -> servlet engine (which
serves .html, .gif files)
    ... but here the username must be passed on to the servlet engine with each
request to allow access control at the servlet engine.
2) servlet engine (proxy servlet which makes HTTP connection ) -> other HTTP
server with .html, .gif files

Of course, although I have used variants of these, I haven't tested either of
these with the Tomcat engine. ... yet ;-)

-Vik

--
Vik P. Solem    vsolem@viktech.com    781-344-1133
VikTech Systems Inc.   Built right, now.