tomcat-users mailing list archives

From FREY Thibault <tf...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: VAJ and Tomcat 3.2
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 08:42:23 GMT

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Rick Goeltz [mailto:goeltzrt@ornl.gov]
Envoyé : mardi 5 décembre 2000 19:07
À : tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : Re: VAJ and Tomcat 3.2

Dear Rick,

I thank you for your great help, but I have some comment :

> > You're correct : IVJ doesn't close sockets even if the program performed
an
> > an exit().

>I have not seen this (Win98/NT, VAJ 3.0.2 EA, Tomcat 3.1/3.2).

As I already say, IVJ doesn't close sockets which wasn't closed by the
program.
Try to open a socket and next kill the thread who does the job.
If you restart this thread, you'll get an error.
I'm waiting for your explaination.

>To run Tomcat within VAJ, the first thing I do is get Tomcat running
>standalone.  Then, install Tomcat in VAJ.  I mention this because I have
>Tomcat log to stdout/stderr, not a file.  Therefore, Tomcat/VAJ will log to

>the VAJ console (a good thing).  When you want to stop Tomcat, use the
>Console's top window, select the thread, and stop/remove it.

It's dirty and will this work with AJP12/13 ?

>To start Tomcat/VAJ, I go to the Tomcat class in the startup package and
>modify it's Run properties; classpath stuff, plus the -D parameter to point

>the standalone installation.

OK, I see that you know how to setup VisualAge, but me and some others
think it's more practical to have a start and a stop program
to manage Tomcat, aspecialy to have a clean stop.

Regards,

Thibault FREY.