tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jyoti Bansal <jban...@netlens.com>
Subject problem with non-english characters on solaris
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:57:46 GMT
Hi all,

I am using some non-english characters in HTTP request POST data. When I
post it to the servlet and do a request.getParameter() in the servlet code,
I get all the non-English characters replaced by a '?'.

This is happening when the Tomcat is running on Solaris. I have tried using
Tomcat with Apache and also Tomcat standalone.
If I run the same servlet on Windows NT and use the same non-English
characters it works fine.

Can you please suggest me what can be wrong?
I am using internationalized version of JDK and have made sure that i18n.jar
is in classpath , if that could be a reason.

Has anyone seen such a problem before?

Thanks

Jyoti K. Bansal
Software Engineer