tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Bussenschutt <D.Bussensch...@mailbox.gu.edu.au>
Subject RE: help me! (with htdocs/webapps and ~username access)
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:15:55 GMT
Dave, Thanks for replying (again?).

That's exactly what I ended up doing, only without the virtual host
surrounding it.  Anyone got a better method?

and for ~username access, I've just created a symbolic link from the
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps to the users homefolder/public_html like this:

cd $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps
ln -s /home/davidbu/public_html \~david

(and then restart tomcat, and it picks up the user home as being a new
context)

The only JkMount settings I have currently in httpd.conf are:
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /~davidbu/servlet/* ajp13

David

At 12:42 AM 12/13/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I believe I did reply, but here's what I wrote last time anyway:
>
>> If I want every *.jsp in the entire web tree to be redirected from apache
>> to tomcat, but still have the jsp files physically stored in the apache
>> htdocs area, what would my server.xml(and/or mod_jk.conf) look like?
>>
>> 1) do I set the ROOT context of tomcat to be the same location as apache?
>> OR
>> 2) do I have some sort of obscure global mod_rewrite rule ?
>> OR
>> 3) do I symlink $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps to $APACHE_HOME/htdocs?
>> OR
>> 4) something else entirely?
>>
>> AND, will this work with ~username server references?
>
>I changed my server.xml to include a virtual host:
>
><Host name="127.0.0.1">
>    <Context path=""
>             docBase="/usr/local/apache/htdocs"
>             debug="0" />
></Host>
>
>I don't know if this is a Good Way to do this, I'm a newbie.
>
>UserDir stuff doesn't work-I'm thinking it could be handled
>in a servlet, but I don't know that either, so don't quote me.
>
>Dave

David Bussenschutt          Email: D.Bussenschutt@mailbox.gu.edu.au
Senior Computing Support Officer & Systems Administrator/Programmer
Location: Griffith University. Information Technology Services
          Brisbane Qld. Aust.  (TEN bldg. rm 1.33) Ph: (07)38757079