tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Bussenschutt <D.Bussensch...@mailbox.gu.edu.au>
Subject Re: Using one directory structure with mod_jk
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 00:15:43 GMT
At 03:57 PM 12/5/00 -0500, you wrote:

>The Tomcat User's Guide has an example of using a single directory
structure for both Apache and >Tomcat with ApacheModuleJServ.  I'd like to
accomplish the same thing with mod_jk.  To be explicit, >I'd like to
specify a document directory (or root) of, say, /webdocs.  Underneath that
I would have >/html and /images.  In the html directory I would have a mix
of HTML and JSP.  I'd like Apache to >serve the images and html files, and
Tomcat only the JSP pages.  How can I accomplish this with >mod_jk?  I look
at the online resources and didn't see anything obvious.  Thanks.

Has anyone done this sort of thing? I'm sure there's someone out there!

I'd be interested in hearing from you too, but I want to go a step further
and enable all of the above (html mixed with jsp) for ~username virtual web
folders too.

(and then I wan to add servlet contexts on a per-user basis too, but we'll
get to that later!)

David.

>Guy Rouillier
>571-226-1229
>guyr@bbo.com
>BroadBand Office
>2950 Gallows Road
>Falls Church, VA 22042

David Bussenschutt          Email: D.Bussenschutt@mailbox.gu.edu.au
Senior Computing Support Officer & Systems Administrator/Programmer
Location: Griffith University. Information Technology Services
          Brisbane Qld. Aust.  (TEN bldg. rm 1.33) Ph: (07)38757079