tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Bussenschutt <D.Bussensch...@mailbox.gu.edu.au>
Subject Re: mod_jk vs. statically linked Apache
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 01:50:33 GMT
It's something I'm interested in... do tell!
THe only reason I have DSO enabled currently is for mod_jk.so
(I have php,ssl, and all others statically compiled for speed increase)

David.

At 02:15 PM 12/2/00 +1100, you wrote:
>I've noticed that there aren't any instructions about compiling and then
>statically linking mod_jk.so into Apache (mod_jk HOWTO from Tomcat 3.2).
>Is this intentional (ie. do you want to move people away from doing
>that) or is it just missing because most people prefer DSO?
>
>I've been able to compile and statically link mod_jk.o into Apache (on
>RedHat Linux 7.0), but it requires some fiddling. Would this be
>something others would like to know about?
>
>Bojan

David Bussenschutt          Email: D.Bussenschutt@mailbox.gu.edu.au
Senior Computing Support Officer & Systems Administrator/Programmer
Location: Griffith University. Information Technology Services
          Brisbane Qld. Aust.  (TEN bldg. rm 1.33) Ph: (07)38757079