tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: Problem with Tomcat
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:08:37 GMT
I presume you are following the "binary downloads" link
from the jakarta.apache.org page.

Are you perhaps then going into the Win32 subdirectories?
The stuff here is only the few utility files that may be useful
for tomcat and are platform-dependent, like the Microsoft IIS
connector for tomcat.

Because tomcat itself is java, and therefore platform-independent,
the files you need to download are *not* in the win32 directory.
Just get the file called "jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1.zip". Actually, this
file is exactly the same as the ".tar.gz" version, just bundled
up using a different utility.

Once you've unzipped this file, you'll find more instructions inside.

Cheers,

Simon