tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: Tomcat Configuration
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:12:26 GMT
Hi,

It seems to be working fine. Tomcat doesn't have any kind of
GUI interface as part of the server.

There is a minimal interface for administering tomcat, but it is
web-based, ie tomcat itself runs without an interface, and you
connect with a web-browser to tomcat in order to change its
configuration. This interface comes with tomcat, see the
docs for more information - and don't expect it to be very
fancy, it's just an experimental version at the moment.

To check if it's working, open your browser and type:
http://localhost:8080

If you get an html page back, then tomcat is running ok.